2015 Harley-Davidson® DYNA LOW RIDER
DYNA LOW RIDER
- Premium Custom Style: From wheel to wheel, the all-new Low Rider® model is a low riding feast for the eyes, loaded with high-end finishes as it holds true to the heritage of all the Low Rider® motorcycles that have rolled down the streets of the world before it. From the '70s inspired seat to the chunky mag wheels to the true, sculpted beauty and finish on its 103 cubic inch V-Twin engine, this is premium Harley-Davidson custom style to the bone. So even though you’re riding low, you’re doing it in high style.
- Chunky Mag Wheels: The all-new Low Rider® motorcycle rolls straight out of hot rod street culture on chunky mag wheels. The look is true, pure American muscle. There’s no substitute for it anywhere in the world.
- Wrinkle Black and Chrome Twin Cam 103™ Engine: At the center of the Low Rider® model you’ll notice a Twin Cam 103™ engine that gets the full-on wrinkle black and chrome treatment. And at the center of that, you’ll notice a pork chop style air cleaner. True to form, the engine is the jewel of the motorcycle. Instantly recognizable as a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle on any street in the world. But if there were any confusion, the sound that it puts out would clear things up in a hurry.
- True Custom Details: Here’s what your eyes discover on a journey over the Low Rider® motorcycle: A polished front end, wrinkle black and chrome powertrain, chrome-plated fender strut covers that give a nod to the past and feature wrinkle black cutouts that match the Low Rider® badging on the battery box cover. The headlight is capped off with a classically styled eyebrow that serves double duty as both the headlight and handlebar riser mount. Even the seat cover gets the custom treatment. It’s a perforated material that highlights the performance prowess at the heart of this great motorcycle.
- 2-Into-1 One Exhaust: A new 2-into-1 exhaust that flows like liquid chrome adds some eye-popping custom style to the Low Rider® model. You'll also like what it does for your ears. It's tuned for a deep, rich rumble that no rider can ever get enough of.
- Wrinkle Black Console with Speedo and Tach: There’s a new wrinkle black console with a speedo and tach mounted on the Low Rider® motorcycle’s classic Fat Bob® tank. The look ties in with the wrinkle black paint on the powertrain and fender strut covers. And gives a nice, subtle contrast to the Vivid Black paint on the tank. Because there’s no such thing as too many shades of black.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the Twin Cam 103™ engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated heads and cylinders are highlighted by machined cooling fin tips and chrome rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the Twin Cam 103™ engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Heritage: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 103™ engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96® engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909 and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the Twin Cam 103™ engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn't feel better.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Power: Live your ride to the power of Twin Cam 103™ engine. The air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ engine delivers more stump-pulling torque, while its Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection jetting gives crisp, lively throttle reaction. It’s a performance punch that you’ll appreciate when passing, climbing hills, or rolling with luggage packed or a passenger in back—all under that signature Motor Company rumble. And it comes at lower cruising rpm, so you ride more smoothly, with less engine vibration and better highway fuel economy.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The optional factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (Optional): You may be cruising with swagger, but you know safety counts. This sophisticated, factory-installed ABS gives 'stopping power' a double meaning. You'll turn heads with clean, streamlined design. But more importantly, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it.
- Relocated Mid-Mount Controls: The Low Rider® model gives you the confidence-inspiring riding position that comes from mid-mount foot controls. Your feet are right where you want them to be, with an easy reach to the ground when it’s time to stop. Your knees ride naturally next to the tank for a good center of gravity and balance in the corners. And the controls have been positioned to give you easy access to the jiffy stand so there’s no fishing around with your foot when it’s time to dismount.
- Perfect Fit Ergonomics: Whether you’re 5’1” or 6’1”, thanks to perfect fit ergonomics, you can dial the new Low Rider® motorcycle in to fit you like a motorcycle glove. We developed perfect fit through an innovative look at how riders fit on a motorcycle using both simulation and actual rider studies. The result is a unique handlebar riser that provides 2.4” of movement fore and aft and an innovative, yet simple, seat design, which allows you to select from two riding positions that offer an additional 1.5” of adjustment fore and aft. This is pure Harley-Davidson steel tailored to your body.
- Length: 92.3 in. (2,345 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.4 in. (660 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26.8 in. (680 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.13 in. (105 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 30.5
- Trail: 5.1 in. (128.3 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64.2 in. (1,630 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 100/90B19 57H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 160/70B17 73V
- Fuel Capacity: 4.7 gal. (17.8 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3 qt. (2.8 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 644 lb. (292 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 666 lb. (302 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103™
- Bore: 3.87 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103.1 cu.in. (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.79
- Exhaust: New 2-into-1 with a deep rumble
- Wheels, Optional Style Type: Wheels, Optional Style Type Chrome Steel Laced
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston fixed front, and 2-piston torque-free floating rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 98.8 ft-lb (134 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 29.5
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 30.5
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 43 mpg (5.5 L/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, directional light bar, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, turn signals, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
- Gauges: Unique handlebar riser provides 2.4
- Engine Type
- Twin Cam 103™
- 103.1 cu.in. (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.87 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 4-piston fixed
- Rear Brakes
- 2-piston torque-free floating
- Front Tire
- 100/90B19 57H
- Rear Tire
- 160/70B17 73V
- 64.2 in. (1,630 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 25.4 in. (660 mm); Unladen: 26.8 in. (680 mm)
- 30.5 deg.
- 5.1 in. (128.3 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.7 gal. (17.8 L)
- 43 mpg (5.5 L/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 644 lb. (292 kg)
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Analog
- Vivid Black