2018 Honda RUCKUS
Stock Image: White/Red
Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Wonder what all the ruckus is about when it comes to the Honda Ruckus? There are probably some folks (like those born into royalty) that will never get it. But for the rest of us, the Ruckus is a breath of fresh air—a rugged, minimalist scooter that you don’t have to polish like grandma’s silver, and that doesn’t need a staff of servants to keep it running. Best of all, you don’t need a trust fund to afford one, either.
It all starts with the Ruckus’ tough, tubular frame. Minimal bodywork equals minimal hassles. Then there’s the Ruckus’ dependable 49cc Honda engine. Plenty of power, and you just push a button to get it started. There’s no hassle with shifting, either; the Ruckus uses a Honda V-matic® automatic transmission. Brush your teeth, grab your daypack or messenger bag, and you’re on your way—while your friends are still waiting for the bus or some rideshare driver.
Maybe it’s nice to live on an estate out in the English countryside. But for real-world transportation, we’ll take a Honda Ruckus every time.
Looks Tough, Rides Smooth: Forget about a bunch of PR propaganda: the Ruckus is what it is, with nothing to hide—what a breath of fresh air! Practically no bodywork, rugged steel tube frame, tough rubber floorboard. And built to survive in today’s world.
Not Just Tough—Powerful, Too: Nobody builds engines like Honda, and the Ruckus proves it. The liquid-cooled single-cylinder 49cc engine cranks out all the power you need for urban riding, while delivering incredible gas mileage at the same time.
Fuel Efficient And Then Some: Who needs an electric car or a hybrid when your Honda Ruckus gets such great fuel efficiency? Add in the potential to save on parking too and this awesome scooter can pay for itself in no time.
- Electric Start: Turn the key, press the button and go. Getting started on the Ruckus is that simple. An electric choke makes getting started in cold weather a snap, too.
- Make Your Own Style: What you see is what you get. With its minimal bodywork and rugged overall style, nothing on two wheels (or four) looks like a Ruckus.
- Liquid-Cooled Engine: The Ruckus’ liquid-cooled engine offers exactly what you'd expect from a Honda: power, reliability and great fuel economy.
- Automatic Transmission: One-speed automatic transmission means no shifting ever—not even into park or neutral.
- Engine Type: 49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Induction: 18 mm CV carburetor with automatic choke
- Ignition: CD
- Bore And Stroke: 37.8 mm x 44 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.9:1
- Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
- Front Suspension: Twin-downtube fork; 1.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock; 2.6 in. travel
- Front Brake: Drum
- Rear Brake: Drum
- Front Tire: 120/90-10
- Rear Tire: 130/90-10
- Wheelbase: 49.8 in.
- Seat Height: 28.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 194 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 114 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Available Colors: Black, White/Red
- Model ID: NPS50
- Duration: One year
- Description: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 37.8 mm x 44 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- 18 mm CV carburetor with automatic choke
- Automatic V-Matic belt drive
- Front Suspension
- Twin-downtube fork; 1.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 2.6 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Rear Tire
- Curb Weight
- 194 lb.
- Seat Height
- 28.9 in.
- 49.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.3 gal.
- Black, White/Red
- One year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.